Going on a Trip? Save Money and Protect Your Home from Water Damage.
Summertime brings fun day trips or extended vacations. Even if a trip to the beach is out and you’re sticking with your close family and going camping, or visiting relatives out of state, or simply going to your vacation home several hours away, you should not have to worry about coming back to a flooded house.
You can even save energy and money all while taking some simples steps to secure your house from potential damage due to a leaking or failed water heater.
Save Energy and Money
- Turn your tanked water heater to Vacation Mode or
- simply lower the temperature by turning the dial to the proper setting
- Once you return, turn it back to normal. (it will take about an hour to heat back up) Hint – the knob is either red or black (as on the image)
- Be sure not to turn the heat up past where it’s set originally. You’ll spend more on energy and it could be too hot and harmful when setting up a bath or shower (especially for the kids)
Tankless Water Heaters
- No need to turn the gas off as a Tankless water heater only runs when it senses water flow.
Don’t Return Home to Water Damage
- It’s simple to avoid water damage – you could:
- Turn off the water main (which turns off the water to your whole house.
- Turn off the flow to the Water Heater and the gas
- Invest in a SMART Whole Home Water Security System
- FLO by MOEN protects your home from damage AND can save you money – about 30% off of your water bill.
- FLO by MOEN connects you via a free app no matter where you are. You can see your water use, it senses leaks as slow as 1 drip per minute, and can even turn off the water to your home if there is major problem. You’re in control with FLO.
- Visit installFLOnow.com to learn more
It’s pretty quick and easy to make sure you don’t have to worry about your home and water damage when you’re not there. Take some steps in advance, and consider a SMART solution. We all know the importance of fire and CO detectors – and even security systems. The FLO by MOEN and other similar solutions provide you peace of mind and a worry-free trip.