What causes water on the floor or in the pan under my water heater:
- Drain valve leaking
- Temperature and pressure relief valve leaking
- Leak from piping on and near the inlet and outlet
- Leak at gas valve threaded connection (gas models only)
- Leak from gaskets for electric elements (electric models only)
- Leak in heater tank
How to tell if your water heater is really leaking and potentially failing:
- A leaking water heater tank will leak continuously, without stop & start.
- If the water is coming and going you may have a condensation issue.
- Condensation can form when a water heater is overused.
If your tank is leaking, DRF can provide same-day water heater installation.